'Tis the season for lots of holiday baking and these Mini Christmas Puddings were inspired by novelty mistletoe sprinkles I found in the baking aisle. Adorably bite-sized, these puddings are spiced with the flavours of Christmas (cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger) and are more cake-like than traditional Christmas pudding. Don't forget to leave some out for Santa. Happy holidays!
• 1 box chocolate cake mix
• 2 teaspoons cinnanmon
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 can vanilla frosting
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger to the cake mix and prepare according to the instructions on the box.
- Make cake pop balls using this Divas Can Cook tutorial. Instead of putting the pops on sticks, place them on a pan lined with parchment paper. Push them down a bit on the pan to give them flat bottoms.
• 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
• 1 teaspoon meringue powder
• Wilton Jumbo Holly Mix
- Mix together the confectioners’ sugar, meringue powder and a few spoons of water until creamy. Add more water if it’s too thick or more confectioners’ sugar if it’s too thin. Once you reach the desired consistency, whip briefly until the texture is fluffy.
- Place the icing in a piping bag fitted with a small round tip and top each mini pudding with a drippy icing pattern. Don’t worry if you get a peak from the piping tip or if the center is not completely filled. The icing will spread itself out and fill in any gaps. If it does not, dip a finger into water and smooth it out with your wet finger.
- Top with three red berries and two green leaves while the icing is still wet. Allow to dry overnight.